Friday 11 November 2016

Target Audience Research Analysis

100% of the respondents from my questionnaire were actively interested in music music videos and in the age range of 16-24. Therefore making all of their responses valid to my research.

Firstly, 40% of the people had Pop as their favourite genre of music, same for Rock. However, only 20% preferred the Indie genre. This means I may have to adapt my music video to contain more Pop and Rock themes rather than Indie. I could have sections in black and white and sections with bright colours.


Secondly, 100% of respondents access music videos from the internet, this suggests that they are involved in technology and can relate to that aspect of life. Therefore I should attempt to include technology within my video. I should also make sure that this video is accessible on the internet, for example on YouTube.


Additionally, 60% of respondents prefer narrative music videos to concept videos. This isn't an overwhelming majority and therefore I could attempt to include both concept and narrative elements in my video. Maybe I will deviate slightly from the meaning behind the video to display some conceptual ideas within that.




Finally, my narrative video will relate to the lyrics because it is easier to create a narrative based upon a narrative that is already being told, plus, 100% of respondents prefer music video visuals that are related directly to the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment